Year-end planning is crucial for any organization.
In the modern service industry, your maintenance department must have access to a comprehensive CMMS (computerized maintenance management system). This system enables better reporting of key performance indicators (KPI’s) and asset information to help with strategic planning and year-end reporting requirements.
CMMS data can also be used to analyze maintenance activities. A CMMS system provides a view of the current and historical assets and a record of their associated maintenance activities. Analysis of this data can help management identify areas of improvement, including where and how often assets are being maintained and how effective those repairs were at reducing future repair costs and increasing equipment life.
- Location Tracking: Track the location of assets using a variety of methods, including tagging, barcode scanning, GPS tracking, etc. This provides high-level visibility of your asset locations and what areas have more assets than others (such as shop floor versus office space).
- Maintenance History: Keep track of maintenance history over time with dated record entries when repairs are performed or scheduled. You can use this data to determine if an issue occurred because it was not fixed properly with regular maintenance activities or due to neglect.
Different ways to gather data for year-end planning
A CMMS is often integrated with other systems, like Human Resources or finance, to provide a holistic view of the organization’s maintenance operations. This provides an accurate picture of facility data organization wide. For example:
- Human Resources: A CMMS integrated with human resource systems to track employee attendance and time spent on projects. This allows managers to get a clear picture of how much time employees are spending on maintenance tasks versus other projects.
- Finance: Allows managers to track costs associated with each task and project. Managers can also use this data to predict future costs and identify areas where they can save money by outsourcing certain tasks or improving equipment efficiency.
- Building automation systems(BAS): BAS integrations are used to monitor and control equipment in buildings. A CMMS can be integrated with building automation systems so that a single user interface is available for maintenance personnel to monitor and control all aspects of the building’s operation via a single portal.
CMMS data can be used to report on equipment and asset health. An asset health report will provide information about the current condition of an asset based on its age, use history and other environmental factors. Generate reports for a variety of purposes:
- Issue Management (e.g., tracking & trending)
- Risk Based Preventive Maintenance (RBM) Program Evaluation & Management
- Asset Condition Monitoring System (ACMS) Compliance Reporting
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
KPIs track the performance of your facilities. They can be used to gauge your facility's daily performance and as a benchmark for improvement over time. Based on these measurements, you can identify areas for improvement and any facility operational issues.
CMMS systems let you gather data from all operations areas, including production, maintenance, and repair activities (MRO), purchasing and supply chain management (SCM), inventory control management (ICM), and project management. The more comprehensive your CMMS solution is, the more in-depth reporting will be throughout all departments within an organization.
It is important to have access to real-time and historical data. To make decisions that You need a CMMS system that provides accurate and up-to-date information to make decisions that will positively impact your revenue and efficiency will positively impact your revenue and efficiency, you need a CMMS system that can provide you with accurate and up-to-date information. Without this vital information at your fingertips, it is difficult to strategically plan the new year or develop and analyze a year-end report. From ensuring that your assets are properly maintained to keeping your entire business running smoothly, reporting and planning using a CMMS can greatly benefit your operations and overall profit margins.
For more information, contact us at email@example.com.
Interested in taking this to the next level? Sign up for a free demo with a TMA Systems Account Executive. Enter your email below and we will reserve a time for you to test drive WebTMA, or call us at 1.800.862.1130!