Due to the constant evolution and growth of the use of computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS), it can be difficult to predict future trends in the industry. However, there are a few developments that we can expect to see in the CMMS industry in 2023:
1. Increased focus on predictive maintenance
Predictive maintenance is a proactive approach to maintenance that uses data and analytics to predict when equipment is likely to fail and preemptively schedules maintenance to prevent those failures. The wide-spread organizational adoption of predictive maintenance will lead to reduced downtime and improved equipment safety and reliability.
“The global predictive maintenance market size was evaluated at USD 8.31 billion in 2022 and is projected to surpass around USD 67.21 billion by 2030, growing at a CAGR of 29.86% during the forecast period 2022 to 2030.” - Predictive Maintenance Market, Precedence Research.
2. Greater integration with other systems:
CMMS systems are often used in conjunction with other systems, like enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems and enterprise asset management (EAM) systems. There are a few reasons why we can expect to see greater integration between CMMS systems and these other systems in 2023:
- Improved efficiency: By integrating CMMS with other systems, companies can streamline their operations and reduce the need for manual data entry, which can save time and improve efficiency.
- Better decision-making: organizations can get a more complete picture of a company's operations, which helps decision-makers make more informed decisions.
- Increased accuracy: with a single integrated system, managers can reduce errors due to siloed data improving data accuracy, as information is only entered into the system once.
- Greater visibility: enterprises can gain a comprehensive view of a company's operations, which can help to identify problems and opportunities for improvement.
3. Continued adoption of cloud-based systems
There is a continued adoption of cloud-based CMMS systems because they offer several benefits over traditional on-premises systems. With convenience, flexibility, and cost-effectiveness of cloud-based CMMS systems at the forefront of their appeal, many organizations see the long-term benefits of moving to the cloud as an important investment.
Here is a comparison table that highlights the benefits of cloud-based CMMS systems over client-hosted (on-premises) systems.
4. More advanced analytics capabilities:
An integral part of the maintenance process, good data allows maintenance teams to make more informed decisions. CMMS will continue to grow their offering of more advanced analytics capabilities into 2023 and beyond:
- Improved decision-making: Advanced analytics tools, such as machine learning algorithms and predictive analytics, can help companies to extract more value from their data. This enables them to make more informed decisions about maintenance, equipment, and other aspects of their operations.
- Increased efficiency: Leading-edge analytics tools can help maintenance teams identify patterns and trends in their data to help improve maintenance processes and reduce downtime.
- Better forecasting: Predictive analytics can help maintenance managers better plan for the future with forecasted maintenance needs.
- Marketplace visibility: By leveraging advanced analytics capabilities, companies can gain a competitive advantage over their rivals by making better informed decisions and streamlining their operations.
5. Greater use of mobile devices
We can expect to see an increase in mobility as a convenient, flexible and efficient way for technicians to access and update maintenance records on the go. With a mobile device, technicians can easily access work orders, view equipment history, and update maintenance records from anywhere. This, in turn, improves communication between technicians and other members of the maintenance team, which furthers operational efficiency.
6. Increased focus on sustainability
Sustainability has become a central focus for businesses, and this trend is expected to continue. Organizations are looking for ways to reduce their environmental impact and operate more effectively, and CMMS systems can play a key role in this effort. Many CMMS systems offer features that help companies track and reduce their environmental footprint, including tools for monitoring energy usage and identifying opportunities for resource conservation.
7. Continued growth of the CMMS market:
Continued growth is expected for the CMMS market in 2023, as more companies recognize the benefits of using these systems to manage their maintenance processes. CMMS systems support enterprises with improved efficiency, reduced downtime, and increased equipment reliability, which translates into cost savings and improved profitability. The ongoing development of new technologies, including predictive maintenance and advanced analytics, will assist in driving further expansion into 2023.
The global computerized maintenance management system market size is expected to reach USD 2.41 billion by 2030, registering a CAGR of 10.9% from 2023 to 2030, according to a new study conducted by Grand View Research, Inc.
2023 will be an exciting year for the CMMS industry. With the continued adoption of predictive maintenance, greater integration with other systems, and more advanced analytics capabilities, organizations will have access to more powerful tools than ever before to help manage their maintenance processes more effectively.
Request a demo today and see the difference WebTMA can make for your business in 2023. Start improving your maintenance processes and reducing costs with WebTMA now!
Interested in taking this to the next level? Sign up for a free demo with a TMA Systems Account Executive. Enter your email below and we will reserve a time for you to test drive WebTMA, or call us at 1.800.862.1130!