Strategic planning for your capital investments.
The Capital Planning module is a powerful tool created to improve your organization's ability to maximize its future return-on-investment by properly managing the capital investment process.
The Capital Planning module is designed to help organizations develop detailed capital plans across single or multiple budget years. The module accommodates maintenance backlog and cyclic renewal data from facilities audits.
The capital required to improve the condition of facility assets is often one of an organization’s largest expenses. It is critical to employ a strategic plan for your capital investments. The Capital Planning module includes powerful methods to simplify this complex data visually with interactive Excel graphs and many pertinent reports.
The key to producing accurate numbers in your capital plans comes from detailed estimates for asset repair and replacement items. Thorough maintenance backlog documentation and long range renewal planning at any facility is a massive undertaking. This effort involves a lot of input from your maintenance staff. Collecting and documenting that detail, as overwhelming as it seems, is straightforward with the Capital Planning module.
The challenge is to clearly and simply prioritize, extract, and summarize this information to facilitate an understanding of your needs by business officers, giving them the data in a format they need for creating effective funding requests.
The biggest advantage the Capital Planning module has over stand alone FCA software or other capital planning packages is that its design is fully integrated into a world-class computerized maintenance system (WebTMA). We also push summarized data from the module to six powerful Excel worksheets designed to allow “what if” scenarios to be executed so the impact of a specific funding scenario can be visually analyzed by budget officers and facility managers.
Features and Benefits
- Provides a clear process to prioritize capital planning projects
- Review annual, biennial and five-year plans
- Forecast project planning for up to 20 years into the future
- Separate backlogs (BMAR) from improvements (FACIMP) funding
- Use UniFormat assembly categories
- Justify funding requests by projecting capital improvements and renewals
- Graphically show the impact of underfunding an operational budget for maintenance and replacement of buildings and infrastructure
- Show the gaps between funding for capital asset maintenance and proper capital investment
- Present a persuasive and credible argument for extending the life of your organization's assets
- Push summarized data from the Capital Planning module to six powerful Excel worksheets
- Simplify complex data visually with interactive Excel graphs and reports